Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Feb 10

Hello my dear family. This past week has been good but I don't really feel like it's what I want to write home about this week. I want to send home my testimony. That this church is true. The other day we were talking with a less active and he told us that he doesn't understand how an atheist lives their life. How can you live with out any hope? Every time in my life I have had a hard time I know where I can turn. To the source of true hope and comfort. My Savior Jesus Christ. The Scripture that I put on my missionary plaque (I don't know if that is spell correctly but I hope you understand what I mean) is Matt 16:33. I picked that scripture because to me it's exactly what the gospel is all about.
 
"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."
 
The world and life has a lot of pain but we are told by our Savior to be of good cheer. He has overcome this world. He has overcome any and all of the trials that we are asked to face. My favorite line from Preach My Gospel is, "all that is unfair about life can be made right through the Atonement of Jesus Christ." I know that to be true. These past few weeks I have been battling depression. At one point in time I remember the distinct impression that my Savior was working to heal me spiritually. In the Book of Mormon it teaches us that Christ can heal us both physically and spiritually. Sometimes we forget that our spirits need that healing. But they do. And Christ and His Atonement can bring that needed assistance. He is always near us. Waiting to reach out and pull us into a warm embrace. I love the Christus statue because of how His arms are reaching out to us. Ever time I see it I can just imagine Him wrapping his arms around me in a warm embrace.
 
I was writing to my mission president this morning before I started this e-mail home. and in it I told him that I had learned about Austin and what had happened. And that the hardest part was that I wanted to be home to be there for Brock and for the family in this hard time. But I also told him that I know I am where I am supposed to be. And that  I knew the family would take care of Brock. Because that is what it means to be a Boudreaux. We take care of one another.
 
Please tell the Coopers that I wish I could be there but that I will keep their family in my prayers. This gospel is set up so beautifully. We not only have our families in our homes but we also have ward families. and the Sunset Hills 2nd ward is one of the strongest ward families that I have ever seen. I often reflect on how blessed I have been to not only have come from such a great family but also to have grown up in such an amazing ward.
 
When things like this happen it makes me think of how important it is for us to share the gospel with others. Because we have a knowledge of where Austin is. And we know that Heavenly Father is taking care of him. That he is again with his Savior. There are so many people who do not have that knowledge. They have no idea where to find hope and comfort. We do. As we share it with others we will gain an even stronger testimony of it ourselves.
 
Yesterday my companion and I were talking about how important it is to read from the Book of Mormon if you want to stay strong in this gospel. The promise of the Book of Mormon is that it's the most true book ever written. That a man can come closer to Christ from reading it than by reading any other book. I know that to be true. No matter how many times I read it I learn something new. I come to know and understand my Savior and his plan a little bit more. I find answers to my questions. I find comfort to my soul. and I come closer to my Savior.
 
I love you all so much. It's my testimony that true comfort and peace come from this gospel. I have a strong testimony of priesthood blessings. I have had many times on my mission when I have been worried about something and prayed about it and cried about it. and who knows what else about it. and then I will ask for a blessing and my Heavenly Father will very clearly answer my questions, and calmed my fears. The second verse of I know that My Redeemer lives is my favorite. "He lives to grand me rich supply, He lives to guide me with his eye. He lives to comfort me when faint. He lives to hear my souls complaint. He lives to silence all my fears. He lives to wipe away my tears. He lives to calm my troubled heart. He lives all blessings to impart."  This is the beautiful message of the gospel. He lives. and He loves us. He lives again, and so will we.
 
Don't worry about me :) everything will be okay. You are all in my thoughts and prayers. I know that Heavenly Father is watching over us. This is His plan and we are His children. I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!
 
Love always your favorite sister missionary,
Sister Boudreaux
 
p.s. I am doing so much better! Sister Haskell and I are doing wonderful together!! and I am much happier. I have been able to find a lot of good tools to help me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment