Saturday, May 3, 2014

April 28

so this past week we had transfer calls. and Sister Dennison and I were NOT supposed to get one! we were so sure of it. until Elder Casey (the assistant to the President) called us. Sister Dennison is getting transferred to Wahpeton, ND. and Sister Maisey is coming to be my new companion but she is coming from Grand Forks! she is actually who replaced me there. so she can fill me in on what is going on up there!. so ya. we might have gotten the call Saturday at like 3 in the afternoon. and then we might have cried for like an hour. But the more that I have prayed about it the more I know that this is the will of the Lord. it's been hard but I know that it will be okay! So the other day we were walking (because our car only get's so many miles a month and we have almost run out because of unexpected trips to out of town cities we had to make that we weren't expecting) and we were talking about how pretty much everything has fallen to pieces to which I was like well at least we still have each other! ya.... false.... Sister Dennison told me that I cursed us. But I know that this is right. it's a hard pill to swallow but I know that I need to!! and that as long as I am searching for the good and working hard I can find happiness and learn something from anything that the Lord asks me to do. (at least that's what I keep telling myself)

I am doing my best to find the good and to enjoy the last few days that we have to be our silly goofty selves together! We are going to have some fun adventures today for P-day :) I think that in all honestly my brain is still in shock because I was so not expecting us to get a transfer call. but it came! crazy crazy. but that's a mission for you! things never ever go how you think that they will. but I guess that is what helps us to grow so much.

This past Friday was a bit of a hard day and Sister Dennison and I were walking and didn't really have anywhere to go. so we had prayed and felt like we should go and visit one of the woman in our ward who is going through a hard time right now. she is trying to decide if she should stay with her husband or not and it's been crazy. she is such a strong woman. but she said something that really hit both sister dennison and I. she said that as long as we are trying to do good then we can know that when hard things come that it is what the Lord has in store for us. if we are doing good and it's still hard that's okay! it means that this is something Heavenly Father wants us to go through. that really hit me because I think that sometimes we think that as long as we are doing good we will be blessed. there is an article in the ensign this month about a woman with a gumball theory that she talks about. I really really loved it! she talks about how when she first joined the church she had this mindset that things were like a gumball machine. you put in a quarter you get out a gumball. you obey you get blessings. and while the Lord is always blessing us and helping us it doesn't really work that way. Life isn't like the gumball machine. She goes on to talk about her trials and how she left the church for a while but came back and learning that the Lord is always blessings us just not always the way that we see. I feel like that is the lesson I am currently learning. that missions and life are not like a gumball machine. that we don't just put in a "quarter" and get out a blessing. the one part of the article that really stood out to me was when she talks about how the things she had to work the hardest for in her life were the things that she treasured the most. The blessings that come so easily to us aren't always the ones that we treasure. but the things that we have to work for. those things become so precious to us. so I have been trying to tell myself these two things! that life is not a gumball machine and that as longs as I am doing good things that that is what really matters! that if I am doing good things and things are just getting harder that that means Heavenly Father needs me to grow a little bit more. It means that He believes that I can! so as hard as this is I know that everything is going to work itself out. I have to believe that!

I just want to share my testimony with you that I know with all of my heart that this is the true church of Jesus Christ on earth today. If it wasn't than I wouldn't still be here. I would have given up a long time ago. Missionary work is hard and being an enduring member of the church is hard because salvations is not a cheap experience. that is something that I read in a talk by Elder Holland that keeps me going on the rough days. to remember that when we go through persecution and hardships for what we believe in and know to be true to always remember that we are standing with the greatest life that has ever lived upon the earth. He knows us. He love us. I know that with all of my heart. I believe in miracles. I know prayers are answered. We got to do a missionary night this past week with our ward that we called a day in the life of a missionary. and at the end we got to share our testimonies. I just remember talking about how being a tool in the hands of the Lord has got to be one of the most fulfilling things I have ever experienced in my life. knowing that I can help others come closer to the Savior if I am humble enough is such a great knowledge.

well I love you all so much! thank you for your prayers and support!!! they are much needed and much appreciated!!

Love always
Sister Boudreaux

No comments:

Post a Comment