Saturday, June 1, 2013

May 28

Hello Hello family of mine!!!!
So update just so everyon knows on Monday Holidays (which is like half of them) we still have P-Day but we get to email our families on tuesday because the library is closed on the Holiday :)
It has been soooo great to get to hear from everyone! It's just the boost that I need to help me out at the start of each week. Things here have been a little slow recently. Sister Ransom was in a car accident in her last area and she didn't have any major injuries at the time but recently she has had a super bad pain in her back so we spent like half of last week trying to get it all worked out. She has gone to the chiropractor a few times now and has gotten everything worked out. so she is fine now! but it took a bit of time last week to get it all worked out. :)
OH!!! and the good exciting news! I am NOT being transfered!! I was incredibly excited for that bit of news thsi past weekend. We changed the ringtones of the mission president and both of his assistants in our phone so that we would know if it was them calling us or not :) We are just both super duper excited for the work here and we love each other and were not ready to change.
Oh and the text that Mom got was from Sister Taylor who is the most amazing relief society president here. But sadly she is moving! to Henderson Nevada. We were super sad because she is for reals the most amazing person ever. We are not sure how we are going to function without her. But we know this is good for her family. So I am glad you got the picture and I am doing great out here!!!
I love to hear about the great spiritual experiences that are going on back home. and the fun stories. I just love hearing from you guys!
This past week we got one of our investigators on date (which means that we have a set date for baptism that they are working to) He is a 9 year old and his Mom is a member and his Dad is not. Because he has turned 9 he is a convert baptism and therefore must be taught and interviewed by the missionaries in order to get baptized. So far things have been going really well for him and we hope that by June 29th he will be ready! His dad has been sitting in on our lessons. He hasn't said anything but we are praying that his heart will be softened to the message and that he will follow the example of his son and accept this gospel of Jesus Christ.
Other than that the work has also been a little slow with memorial day weekend. We actually went to a big going away picnic for Sister Taylor and her family last night with like half of our current ward and half of the other ward (since the wards just split when we got here) It was a lot of fun and we got to interact with a lot of the memebers. OH and we also spoke in church yesterday. that was good. I talked about missionary work. I shared from Elder Nelsons conference about Catching the Wave and from Elder Andersons talk It's a Miracle. Both are amazing! and they both talk about how important the members are in this unfolding miracle with the age change and sooooo many new missionaires serving.
Well that is all that I can think of for the moment...... Life is basically going good here in Grand Forks! I love it more than ever. I feel your prayers and support every day. The other day I was kinda having a hard time and just thinking how we had to get through the day. And then in my personal study the next morning I read from President Monsons talk in the Priesthood sesson about how all the new missionaries sit and wait for their calls to come and how many are sent to far away places and then at the bottom of the column he says that no matter where they go their answers are always the same, I will Serve. And I just had a moment of clarity that that is exactly what I told my Heavenly Father when I decided that I wanted to serve a mission. That I was going to serve him no matter what. No matter where he sent me, no matter what he asked of me, no matter if no one wanted to talk with me, no matter if it was the hardest thing that I had ever done in my entire life, I promised him that I would serve. I and know that he has blessed me because of that. I just know that this church is true with all of my heart! and I am so incredibly blessed to get to share that with others every single day. Sister Ransom and I are currently fasting to find a family who has been prepared for the gospel so hopefully by the next email I send home I will have some good news in that regard!
I love you all with all of my heart!!!!!!!!!!!
Love your favorite sister missionary,
Sister Boudreaux

No comments:

Post a Comment