Saturday, June 29, 2013

June 24

Hello my dear family!
Another week has come and gone here in good old Grand Forks :) Nothing too exciting has happened. We just continue to teach and serve! Our investigator Kaedyn who was supposed to get baptized this coming Saturday will most likely have to push his date back a few weeks. They haven't been coming to church as much as we would hope but he is still on track to get to baptism! he just needs a bit more time. Which according to Sister Ransom is usually the case with investigators. so no worries there! this is the Lord's timing after all! We have a super busy week planned this coming week and hopefully should have some good success with the less active and the investigators that we are working with. We are teaching a woman who is a refugee from Burundi Africa. She doesn't speak English so her family helps us translate to her. We aren't sure exactly how much she has understood but we know that she feels the spirit when we are there and continues to let us come back! we are trying to get her a Book of Mormon in Swahili (I think that's how it is spelled.... but you know me... spelling and I aren't really friends..... ) so that she can read it and start to understand more what we are teaching. She is the cutest little old African woman and we completely love her! We have a few other investigators we are working with but mostly just teaching lessons and hopefully we will have some more people on date for baptism soon :)
So last night was the Missionary Broadcast and oh my goodness it was amazing!! they announced that missionaries will now be using computers to connect with their investigators!!!!!! which will be sooooo incredibly helpful. and it will help us be able to tract down less active members as well. They are slowly going to introduce the new program into all the missions in the world over the next year. so by the end of my mission I will be using facebook to again! haha Of course it will be VERY closely monitored :) But other than that the broadcast was just SO powerful! they talked about not only the work of the full time missionaries but also how members are supposed to be actively working in the missionary efforts. If you have time and didn't watch it last night get online and watch it!!! some of the videos that they show are amazing!
OH! Lindsey wrote to me and told me that Kim Evans is going on a mission! she leaves on my birthday!!! that is crazy exciting :) If you see her tell her congratulations from me! and Lindsey is now in the MTC too! it's just crazy :) but exciting!
I love you all tons and tons! I can't believe that I am almost at my 3 month mark! time has FLOWN by. I love serving and I am so incredibly thankful to be here. I know this is where the Lord wants me to be! and I love serving him. It's not easy but it's completely worth it. I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love your favorite sister missionary,
Sister Boudreaux

No comments:

Post a Comment