Thursday, July 4, 2013

July 1

oh hello,
This past week has been CRAZY! but great! and Kaedyn's Baptism is this Saturday! so we are super busy getting ready for that :) We don't have any fun plans for the 4th of July as of right now but I am sure something will come up. We tend to make things up as we go. This Saturday is also transfer calls :( and I am super not excited for that. But we shall see how things go. Next Monday I might be writing to tell you I am off to some other location!

So cool story/miracle of the week! So Sister Ransom and I have been working INCREDIBLY hard this past few weeks and all of our investigators besides Kaedyn have been pretty wishywashy and we just can't find people to teach. It's been a real struggle but we have just been working hard and trusting in the Lord. Then a week ago Sunday this cute new couple moved into our ward from Minnesota. We introduced ourselves to them and they came to the Gospel Principles class that we teach and then she came and sat by us in Relief Society. We found out that she is a non-member and they just got marred a few weeks ago. So all week they were on our minds but we didn't want her to feel like we only wanted to come over and meet with them once we found out she was a non-member. But the prompting was super strong so we called her and texted her and she was like I am so glad you contacted me! and she invited us over for dinner on Friday night. So we went over and talked with them. Their names are Brandon and Brianna Poppe and they both graduated the same year as me. He is in the air force and they will only be here for about 6 months. We shared the Restoration with them because that is what we have been sharing with all of the members when we have dinner appointments. She told us that she had been meeting with the missionaries back home a few times and she thought that we had contacted her because they had send us her information. We told her Nope! we just listened to the promptings of the spirit. We invited her to be baptized and she told us yes! that she had been reading the Book of Mormon and she knows that it is true and she's ready to be baptized!!!!!!!!! so we are meeting with her on Tuesday to help her set a date which will most likely be sometime in Aug. So basically we just have to teach her all of the lessons. Her husband and his family have helped her a ton and they really should get all of the credit for her coming into the church.It's just an amazing example of how the Lord blesses us for our hard work but that we must always remember that it's in his time. That the miracles come after the trial of our faith.
I don't know what else to say. That was like the exciting part of our week. Oh! I guess we also did this fun panel of missionaries at Youth Conference. The stake got permission to have youth conference on the Air Force Base and they asked sister ransom and I and then the Zone leaders Elder Burton and Elder Cunningham if we would do a workshop thing. So we just answered the youths questions about missionary work. It was tons of fun! Then we also got out to a few of the small towns (the sweetest older couple volunteered to drive us around last saturday like all day) and so we visited a ton of less active members. There are a few who live on farms so we got to see a bunch of different animals. One of them have miniature ponies and the are the CUTEST things I have EVER seen! so adorable. One of them is really small and they call him tiny tim :) We also saw some goats, chickens, cows,  horses, cats, and dogs :) it was super fun. we loved it. Sister Ransom now wants to marry a cowboy and have horses. I still want to live in the city and be far away from bugs and dirt :)
We also went and played volleyball and basketball this morning at the church with the Elders and then Jerris who is a recent convert YSA. She is basically my favorite person on the face of the planet. I don't know if I have mentioned her in any of my previous emails but for reals I freaking love the girl. She is amazing. She got baptized last march on the same day that I gave my farewell talk! her boyfriend is currently serving a mission in Washington D.C. she will most likely get married before I get home so Sister Ransom is going to go to their wedding with a picture of me and take pictures with it and send them to me so that I can feel like I was there :)
I think that is all that I have to say from this past week. Things are good and they are busy! I love you all oodles and oodles!!!!
Love your favorite sister missionary,
Sister Boudreaux

No comments:

Post a Comment