Monday, October 21, 2013

October 21

 pictures!! me and elder salmon he was my district leader for a while
here in grand forks. He was here with me for 6 months! crazy!

 Me eating cake  from my birthday dinner with the deems (this is our
new apartment in the back ground.)

basically just me being me! :)

 sister arrington and I eating yummy birthday treats!!!!
Hello my dear family!!!
so I have like a zillion things on my mind so hopefully I can remember
all of them as I write this!! First off I am super duper excited
because this Saturday we got permission to go to the temple!!!!!!!!!
It's our ward temple day and President Anderson approved us going! so
we are riding out with the bishop and his wife as well as Jerris!
yay!!!!!!!! It's awesome because a few weeks ago when things were
getting hard I turned to Sister Arrington and told her that all I
really wanted to do was go to the temple! and now we are!!!!

Also this past friday we got to go and listen to Elder and Sister
Watson speak. He is an emeritus memeber of the 70. His daughter lives
in the second ward here in town. It was very special to get to hear
them speak! Then the Elders had a baptism on Satruday and they came so
we were able to see them again! The Elders didn't have anyone to play
the piano so they asked if I would. Which of course I said I would!
and so I played the piano for a general authority!!! it was kinda
scary hahaha but turned out okay! and later his wife told me that I
played beautifully. So see Mom all those years of piano lessons came
in handy! I have actually learned a few more hymns since I have been
out here too! Somday I want to be able to play all the hymns in the
hymn book.

ok next piece of information. I want you all to know that I love you
all dearly. But that if you send me a package it has to be sent
through the post office as a priority mail package otherwise they
can't send it on to me without paying again. So as sad as it is I had
to pay almost $20 to have my birthday packages sent to me..... which
is fine! because I am super excited to get them! (they haven't got
here yet but I am sure they will come today or tomorrow...) anyways
just thought I would let you know!!!!!!! if you don't want to send me
something priority mail just ask me for my address where ever I am and
then you can send things directly to me. I hope that all makes sense.
but I am thankful for the birhthday things!!!!!! I just thought I
would clarify that :)

Also Stacey and Tyler are doing well!! We are still planning to have
the baptism on the 9th of November! they are reading the book of
mormon together every night!!! so that is amazing news! Also I don't
remember if in my last e-mail I talked about Jadyn. She dated our
bishops son while they were in high school. (she is Lutheran and a
senior in high school.) So Taylor ( the bishops son) just graduated
this past may and he is at BYU right now. I guess they have talked
about the church a ton and she actually came to church with him once
before he left. Well she came to church again yesterday with Sister
Deem (the bishops wife) and they came to our gospel principles class
and then she went to young womans and she loved it! I asked her after
class if she had any questions and she said she wasn't sure about the
3 kingdoms of glory. So I asked if maybe we could meet with her
sometime this week and explain the plan of salvation to her. Which she
said yes to! so we are meeting with her this wed. at the church and
then she is going to go to young womans! so that is super exciting!!!!
she is a super cute girl too!! oh I just love teaching the youth!!!
they are so strong and amazing.

At our zone conference this past week (a big meeting where all the
missionaries in the zone gather together to hear from our zone leaders
and sister training leaders) they talked about asking inspired
questions as we tract. Like asking people what role Jesus Christ has
played in their lives. Sister Arrington and I have been able to use it
as we have gone tracting recently and it's been really cool! Because
people here are Christian so most of them have relationships with
Christ. We then are able to explain that as missionaries our purpose
is to invite others to come closer to Christ and that is why we seek
to share the message of the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
We have had a few people talk with us on their porches and then set
appointments for us to come back and meet with them again sometimes
this coming week! so we are excited to see if we can't find some new
investigators out of it!!! :)

also a side note at zone conference Sister Naillon who is my sister
training leader (like a female zone leader, sister ransom was a sister
training leader while we were companions) told the zone leaders my
birthday was earlier that week. So they got all the Elders to sing
happy birthday to me. Which was incredibly embarassing.... It was the
only time that anyone sang to me! which I was pretty excited about
actually because let's be honest having someone sing you happy
birthday is incredibly awkward. Like what do you do. you just sit
there awkwardly until they are done! but then Sister Easter a sister
who serves in Fargo reminded me that this was probably one of the few
times in my life that I would get to have  30 single males sing me
happy birthday! haha Even though most of them are way younger than me.

On a sad note, it snowed for the first time yesterday. thankfully it
has all melted but still. not ok. but we are determined to use it as a
way to get people to let us into their houses!! I mean it's way too
cold outside to not take pity on two cute little sister missionaries
who are freezing!!!!! at least that is the angle I am going to use :)

okay I think that I remembered everything I had wanted to write home
about. Other than that life is going really well here! I am super
excited for these next few weeks. I feel like great things can
happen!!!! I am always excited to hear from everyone at home! I love
you all so much and your love and support mean the world to me!!!!!!!
Stay Strong and know that this church is the true church of Jesus
Christ on earth today!! Yesterday I had an amazing sunday. and not
because everyone came to church or because I have a ton of people on
date to be baptized. In fact I only had one investigator show up to
church yesterday. and we only taught one lesson to a less active
member. But there were soooo many different ways that the Lord showed
me that He loved me yesterday. And they were little things that may
not seem all that important. But then you look at all the little
things they just remind you that the Lord is always with you. Recently
we have shared Moroni 7 with members where it talks about miracles. It
asks the question have miracles ceased? and then says no!! because
miracles are wrought by faith. Before coming on a mission when I
thought of miracles I thought that they were these big huge things!
like how Grandma Boudreaux lived so long after being told her cancer
would kill her in a few months. but as a missionary I have come to
realized that the miracles of God are usually much simplier than that.
The great and marvoulous miracles happen. But the small ones that we
see every single day are what build a lasting testimony of our Savior
Jesus Chirst and our loving Heavenly Father. He is always mindful of
us because we are HIs children. Testifying to other people that they
are children of God is one of my favorite things to do. Yesterday in
our Sunday school lesson I got to look Jadyn right in the eye and tell
her that she was a daughter of God. and that He loved and cared for
her. And it's one of the most amazing things to do! I know that I am a
daughter of a loving Father in Heaven! and as such I deserve to be
treated with love and respect always. and I know these things because
it's what I have always been taught. Because I was raised in a home
with amazing parents who always made me feel like that was true. I
know I have a loving Father and Mother in Heaven because I have a
loving father and mother here in earth. Because in our home growing up
I was shown how woman were to be treated by a father and brothers who
treated me and my sisters and mother correctly. Because the gospel was
important in our home I get to have this amazing experience of sharing
it with others as a missionary!!! AND I LOVE IT!!!!

Stay strong! I love you all!!!!

Love always your favorite sister missionary,
Sister Boudreaux
(Denae)

No comments:

Post a Comment