Wednesday, July 16, 2014

July 14

Okay so this week my email might be a little bit shorter. This past weekend there was a crazy storm that came through and I guess it caused some damage to the library so it's closed. So we are emailing really fast from the church! So not as much time to reply :) what's funny is that the storm came through on Saturday morning between 5 and 6 am. it rained like 3 to 4 inches here in town. People had flooding. I guess the lightening was crazy bright. I slept through the whole thing :) Sister Maisey work up. She thought the lightening was me taking pictures of her. I woke up and just thought it had rained a little! then we started to hear the crazy stories. It was pretty funny. What can I say I love my sleep! it's important to me :)
So this past week we finally found a new investigator!!!!! we are super excited. They were a referral from our bishop. They are a family here in town and we met the Grandmother this past week. We shared the Restoration with her and the spirit was super strong! She told us that she is excited to read from the Book of Mormon. we have an appointment to go back and see her again tomorrow! so we are excited about that.

This is also the last week of the transfer! CRAZY!! I can't believe it! This transfer has gone so incredibly fast!!! it will be exciting to see what happens. I am trying to think if anything else crazy has happened this past week. It was a pretty typical week. We got in to visit a lot of the people that we usually see. We have for sure felt the hand of the Lord helping us along :)

Oh I got to speak in church yesterday! I was asked to give a talk on chapter one of Preach My Gospel, My Purpose as a missionary. It was really nice to get to study that chapter and look for ways that I could explain what my purpose as a missionary is to the ward here. It was also interesting because they have decided to start having Elder Zaw (he is the karen elder serving here) translate the talks so that the karen members can understand more about what is going on in church. It was a new experience to have to pause every so often so he could translate. you know me I talk a million miles a minute! so it took some good self control :)  I really enjoyed the talk.I talked about our purpose. in Preach My Gospel it states that "our purpose is to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through Faith in Jesus Christ and His atonement, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. (in the MTC they make you stand and recite your purpose so that you have it ingrained in your head!)  I used some of the paragraph's in Preach My Gospel in my talk as well.. Specifically how it talks about why the Gospel is essential. It puts it really well. Basically it says that the purpose of the gospel is to help us be clean enough to return and live in the Celestrial Kingdom. The second half of my talk I focused on the first part of our purpose, inviting others to come unto Christ. I shared the song Come Unto Christ, the mutual theme for the year. I think it was one of those experiences where the talk was really for me more than anyone else. it just helped me to remember why I am here. and what I am doing. That through all of my actions, words, and deeds I should be inviting other people to come closer to the Savior.

okay well I had better get going! I can't think of anything else exciting that happened this past week to write home about. but I love you all oodles and oodles!!!

Love always your favorite sister missionary
Sister Boudreaux

No comments:

Post a Comment